Coraline by Neil Gaiman - Week 8 Response


     Neil Gaiman is an amazing author. I've read American Gods and Graveyard Shift but I never read Coraline. I had just seen the movie, so I was happy to take the opportunity to finally read it. I just love the story itself. I like the idea of in our perfect dream world that everyone we know and love would be these button eyed doll people. It really proves the point that you can't create the world or change people only to your benefit. Also it shows that a perfect world isn't a real thing. Coraline realizes that about her perfect world. The conflicts and troubles of life is what makes it life and it shapes us as human beings. We need trials to overcome so we can discover things about ourselves. People would be very weak in a perfect world. I really discussed the themes I discovered while reading this book, but I really enjoyed it! Another great work by one of my top authors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler - Week 12 Response/Assessment

The Martian by Andy Weir - Week 9 Response

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Week 6 Response