Future - Week 15 Response/In Class

     I see media technology overall becoming less and less social if that makes sense. I'd say for the next decade viewing media at home will be the biggest change. I don't think cable TV will have as many viewers I think most TV shows will be on platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and the big TV channels will each have their own platform like Disney (ABC) and CBS already do. Now this prediction doesn't support my "less social" comment yet. In 20 years, I think we will see start to movies step away from the theaters and go to "straight to video" and at home viewing. In 30 years, I think Blu-rays, DVDs, and even 4K movies will be completely digital and we will just be buying movies at home. In 40 years, I think watching movies at the theaters will be no more, maybe they will be even projected onto our front lawn. In 50 years, I think all new movies, new tv shows, and any other new media will be able to be viewed on our devices immediately and we won't go out to have social interactions for new media releases.


    My future for the next 50 years is hard to tell what will happen. I hopefully will have a job working at motion design studio. I might do a little bit of film stuff too, but not as a full career. In an ideal future I'd be working for LEGO designing new products. I'll be married and have a family most likely. I think I'll be sad about the way viewing technology will be like. I think it will be just everyone watching whatever they want on small devices. I think the movie "Her" captured that perfectly and I see that future very likely. I love to buy movies on Blu-ray and I love to go to the theaters so I hope I'm wrong and those trends can compete with this digital world we live in.


     As a 70 year old man I'd tell my myself now at 22 years old to stay connected with this world and have memories outside of technology. I'd want my younger self to make sure he/I lived life to the fullest and contributed to society. Also I'd maybe tell my younger self a few past Super Bowl winners and some winning lottery numbers. You never know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler - Week 12 Response/Assessment

The Martian by Andy Weir - Week 9 Response

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Week 6 Response