Cabin in the Woods directed by Drew Goddard - Week 4 Response


       This week I watched Cabin in the Woods instead of reading a novel. I've been wanting to watch this movie for sometime now and I used this as an excuse to finally get to it. I was blown away by this movie. I absolutely loved it. The ending was one of the most fun and exciting endings in any horror movie I've ever watched. This movie played on all the tropes of horror movie and becomes a great homage to all horror movies. It is inventive and a fun ride. The idea that horror movies are just this company that puts out on after another is where this movie's heart is. The have a whole prison of monsters/creatures to unleash on people for our entertainment. It results in all these monsters/creatures being unleashed on the corporate men in black behind the camera. I love this movie and plan on watching it again very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Martian by Andy Weir - Week 9 Response

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - Week 6 Response

Bloodchild by Octavia E. Butler - Week 12 Response/Assessment